Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the owner and operator of Proper Scrumptious
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR (EU Regulation 2016/679) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simple terms, any information about you that you can be identified by. This covers everything from you name and email address to credit card or bank details and online identifiers such as location data and cookies.
What Personal Data do we collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Email address
- IP address
- Your web browser type and version
- The operating system
- A list of URLs consisting of the referring site, your journey across my website and the pages you visit as well as any links you choose to click on
How will we use your Personal Data?
Under the GDPR legislation, I will use your personal data only for the reasons I have specified. I may store your data because you have consented me too or because it is within my legitimate interests to do so. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- If you have subscribed to this blog, we will send you emails informing you of new posts. You may unsubscribe from this at any time by contacting us via email@example.com
- To respond to a comment that you left on this website
- To assist when analysing the performance of this website, enabling me to improve the user experience
How long will you keep a record of my Personal Data?
In light of the reasons that it was first collected, I will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary. Where there is no fixed period, the life of this website will determine how long I hold your personal data.
Where do you store my Personal Data?
So that your personal data is always fully protected by the GDPR legislation, I will not store your data anywhere other than within the UK.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Cookies used by Service Providers
We publish Google AdSense interest-based advertisements on our website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the web using cookies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, as mentioned above, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Can I withhold information?
How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
42 DL17 8JH