This homemade lemonade recipe is the ultimate refreshment for these beautiful summer days…
If you, like me, are guilty of a increased alcohol intake during this lockdown period you might also be looking for ways to reduce it.
I was. And to replace my craving for a beer in the sunshine, I decided to get creative with a homemade lemonade recipe.
Homemade lemonade is gorgeous, packs a good tang, the perfect summer refreshment. And unfortunately, it turns out it goes fucking brilliantly with gin…
This recipe made 1.5 litres of lemonade.
- 6 lemons, rinds and juice
- 150g sugar
- 400ml water
- 1.5 litres of soda water
- Extra slices of lemon, optional garnish
- Few sprigs of rosemary, optional garnish
- Start with peeling the lemons. Using a potato peeler, gently take the rind from all 6 lemons.
- Add the rinds, sugar and water into a saucepan and slowly bring it the the bowl. Stir often to dissolve the sugar.
- Whilst you’re waiting, juice the peeled lemons into a bowl and leave it to one side.
- Once the rind mix is boiling, remove from the heat and pour in your lemon juice. Once stirred well, leave the lemon juice to cool completely before making the lemonade.
- The rest is easy, add your garnishes and ice to a large jug. Sieve your lemon juice into the jug and then top it with your soda water.
Aaaaand voila! There you have it. An easy, super tasty, homemade lemonade recipe.
Remember to give it a good stir before you pour.